Admissions process and deadlines
Please note that the timelines, procedure, as well as eligibility criteria may be changed. Relevant details are published at the beginning of application period.
*The exact dates and timelines are published after the beginning of application period and can be changed, which candidates are notified by e-mail.
|September – November||Application period|
|December||Video interview (Online)|
|January||Final Selection Days / Steps|
|February – March||Candidates Financial Assessment|
|April||Candidates Nomination to UWC Colleges|
Completing the online application form
The application form must be completed in English. Please note that certain parts of the application must be completed not only by the applicant, but also by their parents.
Documents required to complete the application (the documents translation is not required unless otherwise is not specified).
- Scanned copy of applicant’s passport (The main page with photo)
- Scanned copy of academic transcript for the last complete academic year (10 grade students can use the certificate of General Secondary Education)
- A scanned copy of the completed and signed Consent to Personal Data processing.
Sections A1 (applicant biographical details) and A2 (the content part) must be complete by the applicant. These sections help UWC understand how and why you think, you are right for UWC and why UWC is right for you.
Your parents must complete Section B to confirm that they support your decision to apply for a place at UWC and that you have understood all conditions for applying to UWC.
Section C must be completed by someone who can provide a community reference for you. It should not be a teacher, a family member or a friend, but someone who knows you well and is older than 18 years of age. Examples of relevant persons to ask are sports coaches (outside school) or your supervisor if you are currently employed or do volunteer work.
Section D (School reference) must be completed by a teacher who knows you well. This is your school reference.
Testing implicates assessment of your abilities to analyze information and solve different types of problems. No preliminary preparation is needed.
Upon the results of the applications assessment and online testing the successful candidates are invited to participate in a video interview.
Final Selection Day
According to the results of the video interview, candidates are invited for the Final Selection Day, which is held online. The Final Selection Day consists of the individual and group tasks conducted in Russian and English. If you are invited to the Final Selection Day, attendance is mandatory.
Due to the fact that all the scholarships / grants for attending UWC are needs-based, all selected (nominated) candidates complete a financial assessment form that allows to decide on the amount of the scholarship to be provided. More about the grant allocation procedure.
Distribution of places in the colleges
The Selection Committee nominates successful candidates to enroll in a particular UWC college, while taking into consideration candidates’ preferences indicated in the Application Form. The distribution of candidates depends on the availability of places in each college and the applicant's rating score at the Final Selection Day. There is no possibility to change the college you have been offered to be nominated to. Colleges reserve the right to make the final decision concerning each individual candidate.
- Candidates apply to the UWC Selection Committee, not to any particular college. If you are interested in enroling in a particular college, you must apply through the UWC Global Selection Programme and undertake to pay the full fee for the UWC school or college.
- Candidates may apply via only one Selection Committee (including UWC Global Selection Programme). You may apply next year if your situation meets the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with disabilities are also eligible to apply.
- All information about candidates is confidential and not subject to disclosure.